A beautiful lady by the name of Robyn Rossouw, is getting married in less than a month from now. And we wanted to get her ready for her big day but in limited time. Her skin was healthy before but these last stubborn brown patches were definitely not invited to the wedding.
We did her in-clinic treatment on 12 January 2018 and the after photos were taken 16 February 2018.
The brown patches are so much lighter, her skin texture looks incredible. I’m sure her make-up artist Wilna Allpass will agree beautiful skin will make her job much easier.
The Cosmelan Procedure
Cosmelan is a professional treatment, and therefore must be administered by a qualified and experienced practitioner. Cosmelan and Dermamelan contain the same active ingredients to treat hyperpigmentation, however, Dermamelan is slightly stronger than Cosmelan.
The treatment consists of two phases:
Phase 1 takes place in the clinic. It involves a detailed skin analysis and diagnosis. The Cosmelan mask is applied to the skin after which the patient is sent home with instructions to remove the mask after 8 – 12 hours.
Phase 2 involves homecare over the next 3 months. In some cases longer this phase carries on for much longer.
How does Cosmelan help?
Cosmelan acts by blocking the melanin-producing enzyme (Tyrosinase), therefore reducing the production of melasma.
- effective pigmentation treatment for most
- not very painful
- only 30 min at the doctor/registered nurse/aesthetic clinic
- rejuvenation of the skin as an added benefit
- safe all year round
- beneficial for acne patients
- efficient home care prolongs and maintains effect
- no hospitalisation
- downtime may vary
Who will benefit from Cosmelan?
- compatible with all skin phototypes
- effective on all types of Melasma
- both men and women
- pigmentation from old scars, or even acne
- children under 12
- pregnant or breastfeeding women
- patients on Roaccutane
- Results may vary and a thorough skin analysis and treatment history needs to be completed prior to treatment
Results to be expected
A significant reduction in brown patches may be detected as soon as one week after starting treatment. The skin should also appear more luminous and rejuvenated, and can continue to improve with the use of the maintenance products.